How Motherhood Has IMPROVED My Depression and Anxiety


I remember before having kids, I was TERRIFIED that my mental health would be a road block, or possibly get WORSE by adding more responsibility to my plate.
I can't speak for everyone, because everyone is different... 
But maybe this will help somebody have more peace in moving forward with growing their own family.

Check out my latest Episode on The Orozco Way Podcast!
Give it a listen while you are folding clothes or scrubbing toilets.
If you prefer reading, then keep reading!





How Motherhood has improved my depression:

1. It has given me a sense of purpose.
Not just a sense of purpose. But the ULTIMATE sense of purpose. Bearing, birthing, and caring for a living breathing human is so incredibly rewarding!
I get to raise and prepare a human to be a gift to society!
Being able to do that has given me the ultimate sense of self worth and confidence.

2. Feeling satisfied and fulfilled at the end of the day.
By being a full time stay at home mother, I give everything I have to my little family and building my little home.
I love looking back on all that I have accomplished every day and knowing that I have created the space that I live in and LOVE!

3. Constant Service.
When I have been in a rut in the past, one of the first things that I look for is a way to serve others.
Serving others has been something that has always made me feel better.
Being a full time mom, I am CONSTANTLY serving EVERYONE around me, and it feels SO GOOD!

4. So much love, and such a sweet and special spirit!
When my daughter was born, I feel like I was transformed. Reborn, even.
I became a new person, and with that, my heart was completely open and overflowing with so, so much love!
Love feels good guys, it just feels good.
And the special spirit that little children carry with them is just INCREDIBLE!
One can't help but feel uplifted when in the presence of such a pure and perfect soul.


How Motherhood has improved my anxiety:

1. I have control.
I have control over my life. Being a full time stay at home mom, I get to create and control everything that goes on within my space.
I don't have anyone to return and report to except God.

2. I get to create my own routines and structure.
It has been so nice to be able to map out my days exactly how I want to.
Exactly the way that works best for me and my kids.
Structure has been key to improving my anxiety!

So if you are having doubts or fears about growing your family due to your own mental health, I hope that my experience might give you a little peace of mind!

Popular Posts