Milani Elise Birth Story [ 3 Years Ago Today ]


I woke up to my very first labor contraction at 1:00 AM. It was terrible and hurt like you wouldn't believe. I had a few other's right in a row 5 minutes apart. I woke up Rene and told him it was time to go to the hospital.
By the time we were walking out the door, my contractions were 3 minutes apart and they hurt like h-e-double hockey sticks. We got on the freeway and I kept telling Rene to drive faster! haha.

So we get to the hospital and I am DYING in pain. Like-arched back, banging my head against the back of the hospital bed, shaking the side handles, out of this world pain. NOTHING can prepare you for that kind of pain. Nothing. I felt so helpless, like there was nothing I could do about it except die.
Three hours later I got the epidural and the remainder of the experience was seriously a slice of the most heavenly pie known to man! Honestly it was a bit of a blur, but it was easy as cake. I didn't feel a thing! At 7 AM the doctor came in and checked me and I was already at a 6! He popped my water and said "this baby is coming by noon for sure."
Around 10 AM the epidural started to wear down and the remainder of my labor and delivery relied upon the drip- which is not NEARLY as powerful. I felt quite a bit of pain there at the end. But I didn't care at that point.
I pushed for an hour and a half. At one point they put me on oxygen and had to attach a heart monitor to the baby's head because she was stuck at the pubic bone, face up, and her heart rate was dropping. :( I had administered my last dose of epidural drip around 12 so I could definitely feel the whole experience....

An hour and a half later I'm feeling pain, so I'm thinking "Must get baby out NOW!" So I push like a mad woman and out she came! I only tore a second degree tear...not bad!


When they put Milani on my chest for the first time, I was just sobbing. I just could not even handle the amounts of greatness just BURSTING through every fiber of my being. Seriously, an indescribable feeling. I have never felt anything like that in my life.

Milani Elise
Milani was born at 2:48 pm June 23rd 2015 after laboring for 13 hours
at 6 pounds, 14 ounces, and 21 1/2 inches long
She was born with a full head of hair, Rene's eyes and lips, and my nose


Popular Posts