Take Control of Your Life, NOW!

Listen to the podcast episode here

Whenever I find myself in the depths of my depression episodes or anxiety attacks, I find myself spinning down a downward spiral.
I feel very out of control.
I feel very affected by everything that is outside of myself.
I begin having thoughts like, "Oh, woah is me." "I'm such a victim of my circumstances."
You get me...

These thoughts do NOT come from God.

If you are in one of these ruts, or the next time you find yourself in this situation- take the control BACK!

What does your inner narrative sound like?
Pay attention to how you talk to yourself.
Consider keeping a journal and pausing throughout the day to record your inner narrative.
Recognize that your inner narrative is abusive.
It is socially unacceptable for you to say such things to others, and so you should absolutely not be saying them to yourself.
Begin reciting positive affirmations first thing in the morning, and throughout the day as you see fit.
Whenever you catch yourself thinking negatively about yourself or your life- stop immediately and begin reciting your positive affirmations!

Here are the positive affirmations that I want you to repeat to yourself:

"My demons have no power over me."
"I choose how others affect me." or "I choose how the world affects me."
"My __________ is completely up to me" 
You fill in the blank: happiness, success, mental health, etc.

Repeat these positive affirmations over and over again until you feel better.

Give it a solid effort!
Don't give up!
With time, you have control over your life again!

Popular Posts