Why I Left Instagram


"Your Vibe attracts your Tribe"
And my "tribe" just isn't on Instagram. And neither was I.
I mean, not really.
My heart just wasn't in it.

In all honesty, I don't know how to fully reach my tribe.
Because my tribe is at home.
My tribe is living in the moment.
My tribe is embracing every moment with their little ones.
They are putting their phones down, and looking up.
They embrace face to face interactions.
They are too busy to play "keep up" with all of the millions of Jones's on Instagram.
Instagram was not where I could find my tribe.

Here's what I have learned about Instagram....
There are three types of people that use social media.

1. Those individuals that keep up with loved ones who live far away
2. The ones that like to show off
3. The ones that secretly obsess over those people that like to show off

It may be a little harsh but, when it REALLY comes down to it, that's basically what it is.
Instagram is no longer a great "marketing" space for bloggers or small businesses.
And it's more or less become mostly about vanity and living vicariously through others.

I really wanted to be a genuine and uplifting voice in that depressing space!
I wanted to be a breath of fresh air that people would leave feeling better than when they found me.
I wanted to make a difference in those unique individuals that are just real, and full of positivity.
And maybe I did.
Maybe I was able to achieve that for some people.

But when it comes down to it, I just ultimately decided that the cons outweighed the benefits for me.
What was I benefiting from that space?
In what ways was Instagram adding Joy and fulfillment to my life and the lives of my loved ones?
The honest answer was that it was actually doing the exact opposite.

So ya.
Adios Instagram!
At least, until further notice!
You can now find me right here!
So go ahead and subscribe, or sign up for e-mail notifications!
Or you may follow my facebook page.


Popular Posts