Good Mom Moment = Success!!!

Remember my ongoing struggle with dragging Milani to gymnastics?
And my double whammy mom fail moment?
No? Click here to catch up....

To summarize... Milani loved gymnastics more than she has ever loved anything else in her little life.
I ruined it by constantly berating her during class.
It was a terrible, heart breaking realization.
I cried and vented to my mom and she suggested that I try to get her to go to at least the very last class and have SO MUCH FUN so that we end on a high note.

Yesterday she told me she didn't want to go to gymnastics.
So I bribed her with a sucker... she's a sucker for suckers.
Needless to say, she didn't protest one bit!
So I got her in her leotard, and buckled in the car and she sucked her sucker the whole way there.
Then during class, I was as happy as a pregnant mama could possibly be!

I smiled and smiled and talked in the happiest most up-beat tone of voice I could.
I was making her laugh.
I was playing with her.
No wonder she participated so well and didn't want to run away and be naughty...
funny how that works, right?
When you're happy- your kid is too! Imagine that!

Well as we were leaving, Milani exclaims "That was SO much fun!!!"
It warmed my heart, and I felt very humbled that I was given that opportunity to make up for what I had done to ruin something so incredibly precious to her.
My heart was soaring pretty much all day yesterday.

So now that we ended this session of classes on a high note,
I am confident that she will return to the next class without fighting me on it!
And I am hopeful that her love for gymnastics will grow again.
Good mom moment? I think yes!!!
And it was a major success!!!!

Popular Posts