Lifestyle | 4 Year Anniversary

Happy 4 year anniversary to us!!!!


This day, 4 years ago, we were getting married in the Salt Lake City Temple.
We came out and it was pouring rain!
Guess what? I wasn't even mad.
Back then, I wasn't a photographer, but I knew that the cloud coverage would make for great wedding photos! So I was actually happy about that. (I don't like shadows on faces)
So yes. Our pictures turned out great!

We had an early reception so that we could enjoy the rest of the evening together.
Not to mention the fact that we were catching a red eye? to Hawaii.
Sooo…. I wanted my rest! haha.

We got married on a holiday weekend, which was great for us!
Now we get to celebrate our anniversary on a holiday weekend every year!
Some day we will get to travel all over the place for our anniversary and it will be the best!

Here are some fun facts about our wedding day:

We had our first dance to the song "A Thousand Years" of course
We had a patio for our dance floor and it was full!
We didn't get a DJ and that was my one major regret from our wedding
We only spent like $3000 on our wedding- the rest went towards our honeymoon- NOT a regret. Not one bit. In fact, if anything I would have spent LESS on the wedding and MORE on the travels afterward! Small weddings for the win!
We chose the colors red and yellow because that is the theme of my parent's house....so...free décor! Yes this was a wedding on a budget. We splurged on the honeymoon!
Our cake was red velvet. Probably my favorite. With cream cheese frosting. YES!!!
We had TWO weddings! Because my husband is from a different state, we got to party it up TWICE!!! It was awesome. Because everyone always says "You only get one wedding!" Not us!
At our second wedding, we had a LIVE BAND! Like, how cool is that? We also had Mariachi's come and do a few numbers. 
Our second wedding was very Mexican style with Mexican traditions. Some of which made me slightly uncomfortable. lol. (Introvert Problems)
We "honeymoon'd" for 2 weeks! 1 week in Kauai, and 1 week in my husband's home town.
We went to bed by like 9 or 10 pm on our wedding night. Not even a joke. (We were up very early for our flight.)
My bouquet, and my bridesmaids all had yellow sunflowers! Such a happy flower :)
My wedding dress was custom made and I would recommend the whole entire universe do that! It is NOT that expensive! And if you have a dream gown- make it freaking happen. We don't all fall head over heels for the dresses in the store...
I hand made (almost) all of our decorations including our cake topper!
We used Pandora Radio for our first wedding instead of a DJ or Band
We had a fire pit with smore's 
We had games like croquet, and corn hole- which was hand made by one of my husband's friends!
We had a cook and servers for our second wedding- the dinner was fantastic!
My Mother-In-Law COMPLETELY planned our entire second wedding. I know. She is the BEST!
It rained all morning. POURED rain. And cleared up PERFECTLY for our outdoor reception!
Needless to say, Our wedding(s) were the BEST!!!















Popular Posts