Another Sad Mom Moment Got Me Thinking...

For about a month now, I have been unable to keep up with my daughter.
There have been a lot of "I can't do that baby I'm sorry"'s and "Maybe later"'s or "Go ask dada"'s
I felt the baby drop this week and the amount of pressure and pain in my pelvis has easily doubled.
I can't spend more than a few minutes at a time on my feet.
It hasn't been easy.

Since getting pregnant, my husband has kindly taken it upon himself to be the on-call parent at night.
Until recently when Milani wakes up in the night, she has been asking for me...

The other night she was crying for me so I rolled out of bed, (popping my pelvis on the way).
Then I waddled over to her room to comfort her and sit with her until she fell back asleep.
Well, she was having a difficult time.
She was tossing and turning and fussing and kicking her legs.
I just kept thinking, "what is going on with her?"
Then I had an idea.

So I hovered over her, wrapped my arm around her chest, and leaned close to her ear and whispered, "I love you. You are everything to me. You are my best friend."
And immediately she calmed down, rolled over, and went right back to sleep and slept through the rest of the night without a fuss.

It dawned on me that simply reminding her how much I love her and how much she means to me, was all she really needed from me.
It broke my heart.
It has been extremely difficult for me to meet my daughters needs lately.
And even harder for me to remain patient with her when I am in so much pain or discomfort.

Since that night, I have made it a point to stop and hug her and tell her I love her multiple times throughout the day.
She still struggles with needing my attention, but things have definitely improved.
And she has yet to wake up in the night asking for me.

But it got me thinking...
Whenever my daughter begins acting out, or having difficulty sleeping, or is struggling at all- maybe she just simply needs to be reminded of the fact that she is still the center of my universe.
Maybe that's how it is with our spouses and other family members as well.
Maybe if we just simply took the time to remind our loved ones that we love them frequently, there would be a little less hurt or contention.

Remind those that are important to you how much you love them today!
And every day!
Especially those little ones who are acting out :)

Popular Posts