Create Your Own Happy

PC: Alicia Cram Photography

I spent a lot of time on facebook yesterday.
Too much time, in fact.
Because I came across TWO terrible posts that completely filled my spirit with absolute and total despair.
I can't even write down what the posts were promoting. 
All I can say is that the amount of fear that I felt for my children's future was absolutely overwhelming.

Last night I knelt down in prayer before I went to bed.
I was filled with helplessness, hopelessness, heaviness, sorrow, fear, horror, disgust, despair, and all manner of utter unhappiness.
I poured out my spirit to my Father in Heaven and desperately asked Him to fill me with hope and faith that my children's lifetime will not destroy their perfect and innocent little spirits.

As I was sitting there, waiting for some kind of grand witness or vision of my children's future filled with nothing but perfect happiness and not a single painful or life-altering thing to come to pass in their lifetime... the only thing that came to mind was...

"Create your own Happy"

What this meant to me was that the world is ever changing and evolving and moving further and further away from God.
I can either be a victim of my circumstances, or a creator of my circumstances.
I can not control what the world promotes, legalizes, or condones.
I can not control every little thing that takes place in my beloved children's lives.
I CAN control the happy in my own life and in my own home and family.

I have NO IDEA what the future holds for my little ones.
Only God knows.
The only thing that I can do, and the BEST thing that I can do, is promote HAPPINESS!
No matter what comes our way, and no matter what is going on in the world around us, I have to choose happiness.
I have to create my own happy.
I have to teach my children how to be happy and how to create their own happy regardless of their circumstances.

So this is my invitation to you.
An invitation that I received through conversing with the Lord last night....

"Create your own Happy"

Let the world move in dangerous and destructive directions.
Let the world experience the despair that follows.
But as for me and my house, we will cultivate HAPPINESS!!!!

Popular Posts