Postpartum Update


I am officially 5 and a half weeks postpartum and it feels goooooood!!!!
My recovery this time around has been A-W-E-S-O-M-E!
I was incredibly fortunate to have basically zero damage done during delivery this time, so there were no stitches needed, and no extra stinging or pain in the downstairs region so major bonus!
I didn't require any ice packs, and it hasn't been super painful to move around or walk so it's been great.
So physically, the recovery has been a breeze and I really just feel so blessed.

I have been going for tiny little walks several times a week.
Every time I walked, I would bleed. So I tried not to walk too much the first 4 weeks.
But I just can't stand sitting around too much. I have too much nervous energy, and laziness makes me depressed and anxious so I'm sorry Doc! But I had to get out!
I was up and moving probably a little bit sooner than I should have been, but it was necessary for my sanity. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Emotionally I have been doing pretty dang great as well.
Once again I only experienced the baby blues for about a week.
I was spoiled and had tons of help from my Mother In Law and my parents for like 3 weeks in a row.
It was a very healthy distraction for me to have company during the baby blues so that I wasn't just moping around all weepy all day.
So I was really blessed that even my baby blues were a breeze!

I definitely have moody moments. I'm not going to lie.
But I'm not super hard on myself because I understand how sleep deprived I am.
I miss the mother that I was before the lack of sleep.
I for sure have moments and days where I raise my voice and/or snap at Milani.
I hate it!
However, luckily Malachi has been sleeping longer between feedings at night so I have been more rested the last week or so.
So I'm seeing a light at the end of the tunnel.

And once again, I am incredibly blessed that Malachi is already getting into a great sleeping routine.
Milani was up every 3 hours to eat for 3 months or so. So it was rough!
Malachi is already stretching towards 5-6 hours at night so that is the bomb.
Sometimes he only gets up once in the night and that I can do. I am not complaining about that!
Sleep = good. Sleep = happy mama.

I have already lost 21 pounds since birth.
I lost 12 pounds at birth so the rest has just been coming right off!
I still have like 20 to go to get to my pre-pregnancy weight.
However I don't expect that to happen until I start working out again- which I am VERY anxious to do! Believe me! Like I said. Laziness makes me anxious and depressed.
My spirit is yearning for a good workout!

I had my postpartum check up this morning and Doc says I have recovered beautifully!
So I can finally start living life normally again!

Popular Posts