Home Is Where The Heart Is

My daughter is a homebody.
Whenever we are out and about, she asks to go back home.
Well the other day I decided to ask her why she likes being home so much, and this was her reply...

She began listing off all of the people she loves most and that home is where they are.
And then she said, "That is all I need."
She may only be three, but she still grasps the concept of family and that family is all you need.

I hope that I can always maintain a home that my children prefer to dwell in over any other place.
I hope that my children always feel welcome, safe, secure, and comfortable within these walls.
I hope that they will never doubt just how loved they are and that the people that love them most, are who matter most.
I hope that this little family of mine is always as loving, involved, and fun as it is today.

Sometimes I wonder, "What do I need to do to have and maintain such a home?"
Expecting some kind of extravagant answer.
But I think it's simple.
I think the answer is love.

My daughter didn't say, "I like to be home because my toys are here." or "I just love all of the expensive nice things that we own." or "Because mommy's kitchen is perfectly up to date and clean." 
My daughter said she likes to be home because this is where the people she loves most are.
And that is all that any of us really need.

Popular Posts