THAT'S What is Determining My Attitude!?!? Oh HECK No!

PC: Carly Grace Photography

"A lot more good than lousy things happened today...admit it"
was a quote that I came across in Dr. Laura Schlessinger's book titled "In Praise of Stay-at-Home Moms"
It hit me like a ton of frigggggin bricks, man!

I have been twisting my way down this downward spiral of negativity...
I have had a pretty bad attitude about stay-at-home momhood as of late.
I'm tired. I'm super pregnant. I'm in a lot of pain and pretty darn uncomfortable.
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

However, I have allowed myself to have "toxic" thoughts (as Dr. Laura calls them).
Thoughts like, "Gosh I sure wish my husband would do more to help me out!"
Or even, "Sheesh. My husband and other working parents sure do have it easier than I do!"
And the typical stuff like, "I'm so beat! I don't know if I can handle another day!"

I am ashamed to admit that I have even had feelings of resentment towards my current full time job of being a mother and homemaker.
There have been many a day as of late where I have just wanted to push my daughter away...

But I came across that quote.
"A lot more good than lousy things happened today...admit it"
And by golly the woman was right!
In fact, the woman is right about that being the case every single freaking day!

So the other night I knelt down in prayer, and thanked my Father in Heaven for all of the good things that happened that day. 
I almost closed my prayer when I said, "No wait...there's more..."
My prayer continued on something like this...
"Thank you for all of the many, many, many kisses that I receive every day from my daughter!"
The child kisses me constantly. And I mean CONSTANTLY.
"Thank you for the love and adoration that Milani so OBVIOUSLY has for me. It's so clear in fact, that the whole world can see it."
"Thank you for the very special bond that we have that makes her want to be touching me and snuggling me always."
"Thank you that I get to raise such a precious, perfect, inspiring little angel."
"Thank you for a husband who provides evveerrrryyyyttthhhiiiinnnngggg that we could possibly need and soooooooo much more!"
"Thank you for a husband that adores me and expresses it every single day!"
etc. etc. etc.
You get the point.

When you think about it, If that's all I get as "payment" in a day, that is ALL of the payment that my soul could POSSIBLY need.
After I closed my prayer, I felt complete.

Even if I had a lot of anxiety that day.
Even if Milani was tugging at me constantly to come play games with her and my pelvis and back hurt so bad that I didn't want to move.
Even if I got terrible sleep the night before and was extremely tired.
Even if my house is messy and cluttered and it's driving me crazy.
That's....pretty much it.
That's all the bad that happened that day?!
And THAT'S what is determining my attitude!?!?!?

Oh HECK no!!!

I am happy to report that yesterday was a much MUCH better and happier day for me as I focused on the good that was happening in every moment...even the frustrating moments!
And once again, I ended my day with a prayer of gratitude.
Acknowledging all of the many lovely little things that I have been taking for granted.

So, Mama's....it's your turn!
A lot more good than lousy things happened today...admit it!

Popular Posts